Followers

Thursday 7 April 2016

Thursday...a day in my garden;

It was another April day....

“In most gardens", the Tiger-lily said, "they make the beds too soft-so that the flowers are always asleep.” 
― Lewis CarrollAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass





Do not let weeds argue about their usefulness! Ts







A garden is mainly not a paradise, it is a place of bloody hard work. It is only a Paradise for a very short time when the work is finished,  tools are cleaned,  oiled and returned to their hooks in the shed. I sitting in the most comfortable  chair and sipping an icy cold drink...nearly Paradise. Ts



I never follow fashion trends in my garden; I decide what I like and I know what my garden likes. Ts



Roses are  most perfect  at any stage; Ts



Yes, mass plantings of the same kind may look great, but just a tad boring. Ts




A garden is a personal effort, it is sensuous to the person who created it. Ts





There is a touch of wistfulness in the garden on a grey and rainy day. Ts




©Photos/ Text  mygarden Ts 

4 comments:

  1. Cool garden. Love those roses. The weather has somehow turned grey today. I am glad as it has been really hot. Btw I really like how the red bougainvillea 'spray' out like that. It makes your garden really exciting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stephanie for your kind input. I let the Bs roam and after flowering they are pruned back. A hot day here today, unusual, we need rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your garden but especially your own quotes. I agree with most of them but I do like mass planting.

    ReplyDelete