Followers

Sunday 22 January 2017

Saturday; Macros are fun.



From my summer garden;


Penta.

Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps;
Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps.

~A. Bronson Alcott, "The Garden," Tablets, 1868



Scented Geranium.

I am a sentimental gardener. 
The flowers, trees, shrubs they all hold my dreams my thoughts and sometimes my frustration, but mostly  my heart and soul is pleased. When the time comes to fold their petals the last time,  the softly,  withered flowers or leaves  have a lovely sentimental look about them. Ts



Withered Lotus leaf





Clarence river Baeckia.


To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves. ~Mahatma Gandhi





Nerine bulb.

The garden is the poor man's apothecary. ~German Proverb
I change this proverb to " The garden is the clever man’s apothecary." Ts





Lycoris aurea bulb.


With rake and seeds and sower,
And hoe and line and reel,
When the meadows shrill with "peeping"
And the old world wakes from sleeping,
Who wouldn't be a grower
That has any heart to feel?
~Frederick Frye Rockwell, "Invitation," Around the Year in the Garden, 1913



©Photos #mygarden  Ts

2 comments:

  1. Scented Geranium
    When I saw this text., I just had to stop.
    Sempre fresca e brillante..
    E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mister E, scented geraniums are beautiful plants. Some do well, so lala in my garden. The more flamboyant are more capricious. Grazie per la visita.

      Delete