Followers

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Wednesday; a happy day;



Early this morning the clouds sort of formed a heart, illuminated  by the sun.

Yesterday is mystery
Where it is Today
While we shrewdly speculate
Flutter both away

Emily Dickinson





The Logan berries are ripening rapidly now. This means freezing and using.
I cooked jam today.  Using only half  sugar and not cooking them to death. Quite a nice job to see  the black berries turn into a wonderful dark raspberry red. Some for us and some to give away.











For dinner  I made potato gnocchi; they turned out light as a feather.  Still had some  tomato sauce in the freezer . I thought I better use some of my broad leaved Basil  before the grasshoppers take it all.  I love Pesto, it just breathes  Mediterranean  cooking.











A simple tasty dinner, no meat,  potato gnocchi,  tomato sauce and pesto plus  a mixed salad of  cucumbers, tomatoes, red capsicums,
red onions, garlic olive oil and a drop of white balsamic vinegar. 



No comments:

Post a Comment