Followers

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Wednesday; peaceful;


Nature is cruel....but also extraordinarily beautiful;

 pleated leaf of  the Bismark palm.

Peaceful for me means, walking around in the garden and take in all the flowery and earthy scents, the visual pleasure of unexpected beauty,  a leaf illuminated, a petal glitter from last nights rain.

Today I am invited to visit Sarah's garden. I am looking forward to see her garden. It is always a pleasure to    talk to a fellow gardener.


Down By The Salley Gardens by William Butler Yeats

DOWN by the salley gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens with little snow-white
feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her would not
agree.
In a field by the river my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder she laid her snow-white
hand.
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.





Lichen adorning a tree;


© Ts



2 comments:

  1. Hello Titania, that lichen is very intriguing but the plant looks so at ease there... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, it is a good thing to have the lichen growing as they are still used to monitor polluted air, as they won't grow in a situation where the air is polluted.

    ReplyDelete