Followers

Saturday 7 August 2010

Sepia Saturday; My Mother born 8th of April 1910


My Mother, Rosalia, went through two world wars. I think the photo above is her passport photo
taken 1927. She left her country for personal reasons and went to Switzerland. Besides her passport she needed her finishing school certificate, she was a very bright student. She also needed a character reference from her home town.(Please click all the pictures)


My mother was a keen photographer and she always took her camera.


This photo was taken in Arosa. It is a famous holiday place for winter and summer sports or for a relaxing holiday in the mountains. My mother is on the right side.


My mother in the middle of her two friends, nonidentical twins.

My mother was always smartly dressed, very clever and she had a lot of stamina. I have never seen her sick in bed, despite she suffered from headaches.

Please click here for more Sepia Saturday

12 comments:

  1. I have just joined Sepia Saturday so have just found your blog; I loved this entry about your mother and the photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photographs. Your mother's face seems so full of character and intelligence. Great Sepia Saturday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother looks stylish and intrepid in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love the one of your mom with the camera. She looks set for an adventurous day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the post and the photos....especially her cloche hat in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her hat coat, scarf, and violet bouquet. A very attractive woman. I'll bet not a lot of women carried a camera around with them in those days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting post and great photos! I have pictures if my father-in-law and his mother in Switzerland and Austria during the Thirties -- evidently it was cheaper to live there than the States during the Depression.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos, and your mother appears so full of character. I would love to visit Switzerland, the mountains are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In all of the photos your mother looks self-confident and assured. She is beautiful. I especially like the first and last photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first photo, is my favorite of these; if it was used for a passport it is one of the most glamorous passport photos anywhere. These are all very high quality. When she had her camera, wonder who she passed it to to take her photo....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely remembrances of your mother. I've just looked at some of your other posts as well and you have a nice eye for images.

    ReplyDelete
  12. a smart dresser and a very handsome woman. a lot of hats i see on sepia saturday this week, including mine...
    :D~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete